DFM Financial Strategy
The Department of Family Medicine, UW School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation, and University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics collectively referred to as UW Heatlh engaged ECG Managment Consultants to conduct a comprehensive financial review of DFM in 2012.
From 2013 to 2014, seven subcommittees were formed and met regularly to review and respond to the 10 recommendations from the ECG Final Report. These findings and recommendations are listed below.
These results will be a part of the strategic planning process starting in Fall 2014.
Final ECG Report for DFM
DFM Financial Strategy Subcommittees:
- 1 - Restructure GME Contracts
- 2 - Restructure State Funds Allocation
- 3 - Codify Strategy for Upstate Clinics
- 4 - Link Physician Compensation to Financial Outcomes for Clinics/DFM and Implement Cost Controls at the Clinic Level
- 5 - Realign Clinical and Non-Clinical Funding
- 6 - Use Benchmarks to Set Budget Targest
- 7 - Re-Evaluate Budgeting Process