- Restrict Time to 5 minutes
- Broad Topics: Dyna Med
- Focused Questions:TRIP for EBM, Google (non-EBM, but quick) for last resort
Evidence Based Resources
- DynaMed - Best Point of Care Tool. Fee for service, but still worth the price of admission. From CC, HPI, PMH to Meds and Pt info with great abstracts. Includes:
All of above referenced and organized by disease states. *Hint- use the "jump to" option, click expand all, and then your browser's Edit >> Find in Page command.
- TRIP Database - Over 40 Links, mostly pure EBM, listed by levels of evidence. *Hint- Start broad; use (and) for phrases (i.e. pap and smear). Includes:
- InfoRetriever - Evidence-based point of care tool. Databases Include:
- Clinical Evidence - from BMJ.
- MD Consult - Slow searching of many journals or texts. May personalize patient info. Free for UW servers, fee otherwise.
- STAT!Ref (Only accessible from Campus computer) - ACP's #1 evidence-based tool.
CRIT - Not a search engine.
- Smart Search - Slow.
- Centre for Evidence-Based
Medicine - For those who want to learn more on NNT's, LR etc.
Browsing here helps you understand EBM.
- American Family Physician - Not purely EBM, but fair algorithms, charts and good patient info In DynaMed.
- BMJ - Excellent, evidence based journal. In Dynamed and TRIP.
- JFP POEMS - Patient Oriented Evidence That Matters. Very clinically useful. In Dynamed and TRIP.
- New England Journal of Medicine - Free abstracts. Selected full text. In Dynamed
Journal Club - Evidence-based reviews from the American College of Physicians.
Graduate Medicine - The Practical Peer Reviewed Journal for Primary Care Physicians
List of Journals - The following is a list of peer-reviewed scientific publications on the World Wide Web, as chosen by editorial staff of the AMA.
- Hardin MD Free Journal Search - This is a selected list of free full-text online electronic medical journals, with an emphasis on journals that are included in Medline.
- Yahoo! Journals - Less evidence here. Enter at own risk. We welcome comments on usefulness.
- Ebling Library for Health Sciences - Many links. Search Journals, Texts, and Medline. A bit busy and slow for point of care.
- Family Doctor - Handouts. Self Care Flowsheets. Spanish. Micromedex and drug interaction program.
Consult Patient Info Search - Personalized handouts from Clinical Reference Systems. Spanish also.
- Medline Plus - NIH's wealth of info. Spanish. Micromedex for patients and more.
- UW Health's Health Facts for You - Clinical Reference Systems. Spanish. Health calculators. More useful for patients.
- Mayo Clinic - Comprehensive. Easy to read. Images.
- Patient UK - Patient UK
- Epocrates Online - Online drug database, updated daily. Besides basic drug information, it also includes Alternative Medicines, Tables, Interaction Checking, and Pill Identification. *Note! Only accessible from UW Health Clinics, DFM Clinics, and UW Hospital