Accounting & Finance
|Accounting Documents Overview|
Accounting & Finance Team
Barb Stransky, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
- Provides overall financial management for the Department: budgets, monthly financial statements, financial policies and procedures, financial analysis, UW funds management, UW physician and staff payroll funding, accounts receivable, expense reimbursement and accounts payable issues, purchasing, and other financial issues.
- Works with both UW and UWMF to assure that Department policies and finances are handled in accordance with their policies, and to assure that financial information is flowing smoothly between our organizations.
- Works closely with members of the Executive and Administrative teams, the Finance committee, program directors, medical directors, site leaders and clinic managers on financial matters.
- Responsible for accounting software development, access and management.
- Provides overall financial management for Madison Family Medicine Residency Corporation: financial statements, financing, bond requisitions, budgets for new clinics, IRS forms, bills payments, rent income/leases, insurance and other financial issues.
Jeanne Rotter, CPA
- Responsible for UW fund and fiscal management duties including monitoring revenue/expenditures versus budgets on various funds/projects, financial reporting to the RSP office, cleaning up inactive UW projects, and handling Salary, Non-salary, and Inter-departmental transfers for the Department.
- Works with UW Foundation accounts to ensure proper accounting and funds transfers to UW.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for financial statements on UW side.
- Works closely with DFMCH's grant manager on grant post award fiscal management.
- Provides accounting support for Madison Family Medicine Residency Corporation: bill payment, bank account reconciliations, and cash activity summaries.
- Back-up approver for UW E-reimbursements, Direct payment forms, Payment to Individual forms. Handles Custodian Fund agreement forms, processing DFMCH award payments.
- Provides accounting services for Wisconsin Clearinghouse.
- Deposits UW and UWMF invoice payments and miscellaneous revenue.
- Responsible for the processing of UWMF invoices and staff reimbursement requests (Green Forms), including but not limited to: WI State License, ABFM Board Exam, AAFP dues, STFM dues, and other professional dues and memberships.
- Tracks CME Professional Development ledgers in PIMS and balances.
- Prepares invoices for DFMCH outside revenue agreements (including Hospital GME revenue and Rural Rotation revenue), and Medical Legal services. Monitors accounts receivable for these invoices.
- Prepares monthly journal entries for financial statements. Answers questions regarding transactions on monthly financial statements.
- Assists with budget preparation and analyses.
- Assists with financial statement preparation, reports, variance analyses, and Finance Committee summaries.
- Fixed asset tracking and management.